HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids are differentiated from human iPSCs. These organoids are similar in size, shape, cell composition and structure, and can be cultured up to years. These organoids express all six cortical layer specific markers such as REELIN, CUX1, BRN2, SATB2, CTIP2, TBR1 after 90 days of culture, resembling the composition of the human cortex in vitro. HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids are available in 96 or 384 well plates format and can be used for disease modeling, drug screening, toxicity studies, etc.
Immuno-fluorescent Photomicrographs of Human 3D Cerebral Organoids
· At early stage, HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids contain mostly forebrain identity (FOXG1+) NPCs, including both dorsal (PAX6+) and ventral (NKX2.1+) progenitor cells. NPCs mainly localize in well-defined ventricle zone (VZ)-like structures (SOX2+ FOXG1+ PAX6+), while cortical plate cells (CTIP2+ Tuj1+ MAP2+ ) localize at outer layer of VZ.
· HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids have both Glutamatergic (TBR1+ VGLUT1+) and GABAergic (GABA) neurons.
· HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids have diverse neuronal subtypes and organized six-layered complex structure.
· Astrocytes (GFAP+), Oligodendrocyte progenitors (Olig2+) are found in HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids;
· In the advanced version of HopCellTM 3D Cerebral Organoids, human iPSC-derived microglia (iba1+) are introduced into 3D Cerebral Organoids at proper developmental stage;
· HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids express synaptic markers and have mature functions such as spontaneous electrophysiology activities.
Electrophysiology Activities (DIV 130)
Functional neuronal network - synchronized spontaneous firing by MEA
Brain wave-like Spontanous activity of HopcellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids
On DIV 49 , calcium imaging showed that the Gcamp6s lentivirus-infected HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids have rhythmic spontaneous calcium signals. This phenomenon indicated that preliminary neural network is formed in HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids at this stage.
Calcium imaging of HopcellTM Human 3D cerebral organoids with NMDA/Glycine stimulation followed by MK801 blockage
On DIV 39, robust responses of functional NMDARs can be observed in HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids infected with GCamp6s lentivirus.
Functional Human 3D cerebral organoids - assay ready in 96 or 384 well plates
· Organoids are stable and comparable in size, shape, cell composition and structure;
· Naturally developped neuronal and glia subtypes, which is similar to the composition of human cerebral cortex;
· Exhibit mature features in vitro including functional NMDAR;
· Ready for high content imaging, calcium oscillation studies and neurotoxicity tests;
· Advanced version of organoids with microglia can be used for AD disease modeling.